The cool thing about eye makeup products today, is that there are all sorts of eyeshadow tools — from powders to creams — to suit your needs.
Both types of eyeshadow (matte n shimmer) add color, interest, and depth to the eyes, and are worn by many women as part of their every day beauty routine.
Matte Eyeshadow :
- What is Matte eyeshadow ? Matte Eyeshadow refers to an eye shadow that does not have any kind of light reflectors and does not appear shinny when applied.
- In terms of its texture, matte eyeshadow is silky just like other types of eye shadows.
- There’s a reason that “all-matte” palettes aren’t so readily available- matte shadows are meant to be used as “compliments” to other textures/finishes.
- When To Wear ? Matte eyeshadow is best if worn during the day and correct color choice and blending can make you look exceptional and very attractive. It helps in giving subtle looks that will bring full color. However, if you are going for an evening out and you want to look glamorous, matte eye shadow will not help you .
- Simple and sophisticated, matte shadows can define and enhance your natural eye color. Use a deep brown matte shadow in the crease of the eye to create a sculpted eye look that pops.
- When a matte shadow goes on patchy, it’s not a sign of poor quality, but rather it’s not being used for it’s intended purpose.
- You can use a matte shade similar to your skintone as a base, or you can just use a transluscent face powder.
- How To Use ? You can use a fluffy brush to blend, as I feel I get better placement & pigmentation using a denser brush. Glide the bristles over the pan in one direction. Don’t swirl or wipe your shadow brush back & forth because this will result in fall-out, and the application will be patchy.
Shimmer Eyeshadow :
- What is Shimmer Eyeshadow ? Shimmer eyeshadow is a type of cosmetic that is applied to the eyelids, brow bone, and corners of the eyes. Shimmer eyeshadow contains small particles that reflect the light.
- Shimmer eyeshadow comes in virtually any color imaginable, in warm colors and cool colors.
- Silver and white eyeshadows are typically only used to highlight the eyes, and not as a color for the entire lid
- shimmer and glitter eye shadows have become increasingly more popular. There are shimmer eye shadows for all types of looks. Whether you tend to go natural or like to boost your eye appearance, shimmers come in all colors.
- It can also look totally glam at night if you layer it on and add some smudgy black liner.
- Shimmers reflect light and instantly brighten the eye. Select a neutral shade for a simple day look or pump up the nighttime drama with a brighter shimmering shade.
- How To Use ? Apply less to the bottom portion of your eyelid. If you are using more than 3 colors blend well. Don’t take dark colors all the way to the top till the brow bone because that’s too much! Apply a color that compliments your eye color. Also adding shimmery colors just to the corners of the eye looks pretty too.
For creating a natural look, consider using mid-tone matte shades. Matte eyeshadows have a higher concentration of color and are an excellent choice for shaping and defining the eyes. Matte eyeshadows are more suited for mature skin.
For sheer coverage, with a hint of sparkle, shimmer eyeshadow is the answer. Many glamorous colors are available and can be worn by women of all ages. Light shimmery colors are often used to highlight the eye area.
If fine lines and wrinkles are a concern, shimmery eyeshadow will not settle into your fine lines IF it’s not over applied.
So what do you like Shimmer Eyeshadow or Matte Eyeshadow?
copyrights © Beauty and the Best