Philips HP8618 Hair Curler Review and Hair Styling Tips
Hello Beautiful People,
How are you ladies? Today I have something little different to show you, a hair curler by Philips. There are various kinds of curling irons in the beauty market – metal plated, ceramic curling irons and the newest technology, tourmaline ceramic curling irons. I do not recommend metal plated curling irons because they are made to cook your hair seriously, they leave your hair with brittle, split, unmanageable. Ceramic and tourmaline ceramic curling irons produce gentler, more controlled heat. The Philips Hair Curler has ceramic coating. I bought Philips HP8618 Hair Straightener Curler from purplle.com
Read on to find whether it works or not.
Product Overview: Philips hair curler has a 13-25mm Tong which helps curls short as well as long hair with ease. The Conical Barrel gives you different kinds of curls and waves. It shuts off automatically after 60 secs to prevent over heating.How I Curl My Hair ?
- I dry my hair thoroughly since using hair curler on wet hair can cause permanent damage. I comb my hair with wooden comb to make them tangle free.
- I use a heat protection cream to avoid prevent split ends, dryness and damage .
Product Recommendation : I use Sedu Anti-Frizz Polishing Treatment with Moroccan Argan Oil ($37) review coming soon. Tresseme Heat Tamer is another cheaper option (review here).
- I wear my heat protection glove before I start curling.
- I have long hair so I find it easier to start curling at the back of my head. For short hair beauties, it’s easier to start at the crown.
- I take small sections of about 1-2″ and start rolling from the tip of the section. I roll up the curling iron and hold for 10-15 seconds.
- After I release the curl I preserve its shape by pinning it in place with bobby pins.
- Once the curls are created, I use holding spray to set it in place.
- Imp tip - If you do burn yourself, remember to ice the burn and apply Vitamin E oil to prevent scarring and keep doing so in the days after (it really works!).
The Good :
- Philips HP8618 Hair Curler has conical shape of barrel with diameter from 13 to 25 mm which allows you to create different types of curls and waves. The narrow end of the barrel creates small curls, while the broad end creates bigger curls.
- It has a unique Curl Ready Indicator with choices of 5, 8, 10 seconds so that you know when your curl is ready. No more overheating !
- Digital heat settings allow you to choose the temperature that suits your hair type.
- The top temperature of 200°C guarantees perfect results even for thick hair.
- Swivel cord ensures that the wire doesn’t tangle around the device
- It is not a clamp style curler. No problem of creases/crimps in your hair.
- Automatic shut-off after 60 min .Key-lock function to avoid unintentional switching. Safety stand for easy use Ready to use indicator on LCD screen. Dual voltage for worldwide use.
- Big list of instructions on how to use. Beginners no worries
- Heats up quite fast.
- Creates beautiful natural looking curls.
- You can create both loose curls or “beachy” waves and also smaller, tighter ringlets.
The Bad :
- You need to practice a lot if you are a beginner
- No heat protection glove provided.
Final Verdict : Great variety of heat settings and heats up quick. My curls lasted 48 hours, without falling. This curling wand is truly amazing.
My Rating : 4/5
Styling Tips and Tricks :
- Thin, fine hair or hair that is permed, colored or damaged should be curled at lower heat settings.
- When touching up curls, set your iron to a lower heat and avoid unnecessarily heating your hair.
- If you want to add a slight curl or flip at the ends of your hair, use the round brush to curl hair into the shape and direction of your choice and blow-dry each section until completely dry.
- If scalp grease have left your hair looking dirty, sprinkle translucent powder or baby powder over your roots, then brush through.
- If your hair is naturally oily and limp, start by washing and conditioning with volumizing products.
- Want to have the sexy beach look ? Its easy ! either go with your natural texture or spritz a salt-water spray onto strands and scrunch from ends to roots. Then, choose your best side and sweep your strands to the opposite one, allowing your face to be seen.
- To prevent hair from sizzling in the flatiron or curling iron, use thermal heat protectant spray before you clamp down.
More pictures :
Disclaimer: All products mentioned in this post were purchased with my own money. I am not being sponsored/compensated/paid to write this review and all opinions are absolutely my own.
copyrights © Beauty and the Best