Price : India – Rs 400, UK – £6.99 for 2.5 gms
My thoughts ?
Only four colours are available in India, all of them are very lovely. I picked up Peach Pleasure a nearest match to my natural lip colour. What attracted me the most was its crayon like structure which reminded me of my childhood drawing class.
L’Oreal Glam Shine Balmy Gloss is hybrid formula so it is one part lightweight balm and one part lipgloss. Although for me, it’s kinda shimmer tinted lipbalm. It has the pigmentation of a lipgloss and doesn’t offer opaque color on a single application. I need two to three layers to cover my lips.
The moisturising part is bit confusing. I may update this part after some days. As of now I feel it moisturises my lips just for an hour or two and after that my lips become dry again. Maybe it can be due to winter but I need some proof to make a statement on its moisturising part.
For best results – I apply it over my favourite lipstick.
- Packaging : Very Attractive and convenient packaging
- Texture : As I expected, the texture is smooth and buttery. It feels very comfortable on lips.
- Staying Power : Using a product with this kind of soft texture, long wear time is an unrealistic expectation. It lasted on me for about 3 hours before reapplying, which I think is pretty decent.
- Pigmentation : As I said pigmentation is that of a lightweight lipgloss. I wish they launch something similar with that extra bit of pigment that you might be craving for.
- Shades : Four shades are available in India. Six shades in UK and USA.
What I Like ?
- Glides on smoothly on lips
- Doesn’t settle in fine lines
- Very attractive and travel friendly packaging
- Peach Pleasure is a lovely shade for a day time look
- Feels moisturising for initial 1 or 2 hrs
- Loved the texture.
- I actually loved the shimmer part. It does lip plumping job.
What I Didn’t Like ?
- Not enough shades.
- Peach Pleasure shade can be more pigmented.
- Staying power is less.
Final Verdict : It applies in a snap and looks pretty on lips.
My Rating – 3.7/5
More Pictures –
Which is your favourite L’Oreal Lipcolor ???
copyrights © Beauty and the Best