Hello my sweethearts ! Today I’m reviewing the Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer by Maybelline. This treatment concealer may have probably been reviewed and swatched countless times but… I decided to review it anyway.
Price : USA – $9.99 , Australia – AUD $19.50
Shades : 6 shades available. I got Light 120 shade.
Product Details ( company claims) : Active Formula and Micro-Corrector Applicator erase dark circles, puffiness and fine lines instantly. Awarded the 2012 Gold Good Housekeeping Seal in Beauty & Anti-Aging.
Why You’ll Love It -
• Micro-Corrector Applicator micro-fills and smoothes.
• Active formula with Haloxyl reduces the look of puffiness and shadows while fading the appearance of under-eye circles.
• Apply neutralizer shade for extreme dark circles.
• Brightener shade adds a luminous touch.
How To Use ? Use applicator to apply concealer directly to under-eye area, blending in an outward motion. Wipe off excess eye concealer with dry tissue only. Do not wet applicator.
My Thoughts ?
For the past one year I’m hearing so many raves for the Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer. On reading the reviews on this concealer I thought I had finally met my dream concealer which promises full coverage with a crease-proof, long wearing blah blah formula … Being a concealer junkie you know I had to get my hands on this one.
Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer is available in 6 shades. Fair 110 is a shade for very pale skin tones. The shade Light 120 is perfect for my skintone and in my opinion Light and Medium shades will be perfect for Asian skintones. There are two more shades illuminator, which is more pinky, and the neutralizer, which is more yellowy.
I like to apply this with a eyeshadow blending brush or with my fingers. A concealer brush isn’t that great to work with this type of texture. The quality is very nice, the only reasons I could think for someone to dislike this product is that they get wrong shade. If I use a good under-eye moisturiser The Age rewind concealer makes the under-eye area look incredibly smooth. This one glides on making it work hand in hand with my L’Oreal true match ! Both give me flawless skin for hours.
I really love the consistency and how well this brightens my under eye area but…. the size of the sponge is a little large, so I can’t really apply it close to my lash line. I agree with everyone else about the unhygienic packaging part but in my opinion the concealer is good enough that I can overlook this. Coverage is medium to high and really covers my dark circles well. I don’t have to worry about the touch ups. I just want to test it during hot summers and surely update you about that.
Its creamy and dreamy yet I wanted it to be hydrating too… It seriously lacks in that department. So dry skinned beauties need to moisturise well. Apart from that I have zero complains and really satisfied with MIAREDCTC … you want me to type its full name again. Seriously ? ….This concealer has been raved about in the blogging world and I really can see why!
Final Verdict : Full coverage that doesn’t look cakey or sink into lines, isn’t shimmery and lasts all day long.
Important BnB Tips :
- Since its high coverage pigmented concealer it has the tendency to look dry under the eyes – make sure to moisturize. with a good eye-cream.
- This one sets quickly so you need to blend fast.
- If you find the packaging very unhygienic just remove the sponge tip.
- If you want to increase its staying power just set it with a good translucent powder.
- Shades : As I said before Asian/ Indian skintones can go for light or medium shade. If you want to cover severe dark circles you may try neutralizer and if you just want brightening effect go for illuminator.
- Texture : The texture is just perfect for the under-eye area. Extremely lightweight yet covers the worst dark circles. I use a good eye cream before applying it and it glides on smoothly.
- Packaging : Everyone seems to hate the sponge tip. Like many others even for me hygiene is an important part specially when it comes to skincare and makeup. So I took off the sponge and I’m glad I did that because it seems all the product was getting soaked up there.
- Staying Power : Most concealers fade after 8 hours of use. But not this one!! It lasted me through 9-10 hours at work and it didn’t crease at all
What I Like ?
- Full coverage
- Extremely lightweight
- doesn’t settle in lines
- covers dark circles like magic
- travel friendly
- perfect for everyday makeup
- never ever creases
- Blends Well
- Doesn’t Clump
- Doesn’t Get Orange-y
- Easy To Apply
- Gentle on skin
- Goes On Smoothly
What I Don’t Like ?
the color selection can be better. Few options available to chose from.
The sponge applicator isn’t completely hygienic.
My Rating : 4/5
More Pictures -
Which is your favourite drugstore concealer ?
Copyrights © Beauty and the Best