Hello my love bugs, I’m back with another exciting review of Camomile Gentle Eye makeup remover. I’ll also be sharing my makeup removing tips and techniques in this post. Let me know what you think about this product in the comment box below.
Price : USA – $15.50 , India – INR 695 .
Product Details (from Website) : This cleanser gently melts away eye make-up in seconds, while conditioning skin around the eye area. Removes eye make-up. Leaves lashes and lids feeling soft and clean. Suitable for sensitive skin and contact lens wearers. Fragrance and color-free.
Ingredient List : Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate (Surfactant), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Coco-Glucoside (Surfactant), p-Anisic Acid (pH Modifier), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive).
How I remove my makeup ?
- 1st thing I do is removing my lipstick/ lipcolor. I like using Bioderm – H2O to remove my lip and face makeup. BnB Tip : Apply a small amount of petroleum jelly to your lips, and gently rub it in with a tissue.
- Next step is removing my eyemakeup which also includes fake lashes. I take a cotton pad and soak it in TBS Camomile Gentle Eye-makeup remover.
- My way of taking off eye-makeup is leaving the wet pad on eyelids for 1 min. Just holding it or patting it on eyes removes entire makeup, you don’t have to rub it. I hate to see people rubbing their eyemakeup, why to pull the delicate skin around your eyes.
- - For face these days I love using Dermalogica Precleanse . I massage it over face and eyes to dissolve surface makeup and dirt. Then with wet hands I continue massaging to create a light, milky emulsion. I rinse with lukewarm water. Most of my makeup comes off in this stage.
- Last but not the least I follow it with a gentle face wash or cleanser . Close your pores with a splash of cool water
My Thoughts about the product ?
The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye-makeup remover is a liquid makeup remover which is best used by pouring onto a cotton pad. First impression: This is just water. Looks like water, feels like water, and if not for the vaguely fresh smell, may as well BE water. . I dabbed a small amount onto a cotton round and swiped it across my eyelid which featured my full eye-makeup and Holla … it removed my waterproof makeup with ease. I was impressed at first sight !
After removing all my makeup with the above mentioned technique I started with my nightcare regime and I couldn’t believe my senses – the product had not only removed my waterproof liner and mascara but it also had conditioned my eye lid area. That was the biggest benefit (for me). As a huge eye makeup lover I have tried many brands of makeup remover in the past including Maybelline and L’Oreal. Some of them claim to be gentle but really sting and burn my sensitive eyes like hell. This one is extremely gentle on my lids and also on my under eye area.
If you have super waterproof mascara or liner I recommend keeping the wet cotton pad on your eye lids for a minute. I use 4 to 5 drops on the Camomile remover on each of the cotton pad and it removes every bit of my eye-makeup including under eye concealer. No left over panda eyes, no oily residue, no red, inflamed skin.
- Residue : There is not much noticeable residue if you don’t use too much. Just splash your closed eye with water if you feel any residue and the slippery feeling is gone.
- Effectiveness : I played with some Maybelline Color Tattoos and layered them on kind of thickly, and used a waterproof gel liner (mac fluidline). When it came time to remove the makeup I wet a cotton pad with this remover and held it to my eye for a few seconds and lifted the pad off. Almost of all the cream shadow and most of the gel liner came off with no rubbing at all. No harsh rubbing needed and it did not irritate my eye at all.
- Packaging : Comes in a bulky pastic bottle which I won’t call travel friendly. You have to shake the product before use to combine the layers every time.
Overall, I’m pretty happy – in fact, extremely happy with Camomile remover. For me, it is purely quick, effective and gentle eye make up remover.
What I Like ?
- It doesn’t burn or sting when I use it around the delicate eye area.
- Very gentle.
- Removes waterproof makeup.
- Removes under-eye concealer.
- Conditions your eye lids.
- One or two swipes is enough to remove all traces of my eyeshadow.
- Perfect for daily use.
- You get a lot of quantity that can last for months.
What I Don’t Like ?
It is pricey, but if you get it on sale and stock up. Totally worth it !
My Rating – 4/5
More Pictures -
How do you remove your eye makeup ?
Copyrights © Beauty and the Best