Please Your Taste Buds with Healthy and Tasty Date Cream Cheese
~Author Nilankeeta Roy
You all liked my first post Banana-Yogurt Smoothie a lot and I got fueled to come up with more such tasty yet healthy recipes that will make you love me even more ;-)
So today, I’m back with another nutrition-rich recipe idea that can provide high doses of essential vitamins and minerals to your body, while satisfying your palate to a great extent. This yummy date cream cheese is a simple dessert item enriched with the qualities of cream cheese, date and honey.
But trust me, you can indulge in it without being guilty of unhealthy weight gain. In fact, this recipe is a perfect treat for health-conscious people having a sweet tooth.
Let’s go into details of this Tasty Date Cream Cheese Recipe –
Preparation Time Required: 15 minutes
Cooking Time Required: 5 minutes
Total Time Required: 20 minutes
Yields: 1 small bowl
(a) Ingredients Needed :
- Milk – 500 ml.
- Date – 4
- Lemon – 1 large
- Pure honey – 1(1/2) tablespoons
(b) Recipe :
1. Put the dates in a small bowl and pour some milk into it so that they are submerged completely.
2. Keep the bowl on side and allow the dates to get soaked well.
3. Squeeze out fresh juice from lemon.
4. Pour the remaining milk into a deep bottom sauce pan and bring it to a boil.
5. Add lemon juice to it and keep stirring with a large spoon. The boiled milk will start to curdle immediately.
6. Wait until the whole milk curdles completely. You will be left with the whey, which is almost transparent in color.
7. Place the sauce pan aside for a few minutes and let the entire thing cool down.
8. Then, strain it to separate the whey from the solid cream cheese. Do not drain the whey as you may need it later.
9. Take the soaked dates out of the milk. They should be soft enough to mash with hands.
10. Discard the seeds of the dates and put them inside a mixer grinder or blender along with that milk. You have to prepare an almost smooth puree of dates.
11. Now, add the strained cream cheese to it and blend again. It should yield a very soft, smooth and creamy mixture.
12. Pour it into a bowl. Add honey and mix well.
13. Garnish with some chopped dates and enjoy!
(c) Tips :
- Use toned or double-toned milk to make a healthier choice.
- Honey is always a hundred times better alternative to sugar. So, skip sugar and go for pure, high-quality honey.
- You may not get a perfect soft and rich consistency while blending the cream cheese with the pureed dates for the first time.
- Add a little whey to the mixture and blend again to get the right texture.
- Being a dessert item, it tastes awesome when enjoyed chilled. So, keep the bowl inside the refrigerator for some time prior to serving.
How Nutritious Is It?
You’ll be surprised to know how a small bowl of this fruity creamy treat can fulfill the vitamin, mineral and energy requirements of your body. Take a peek into its nutrition-value:
Per Serving of Date Cream Cheese (approximately):
- Energy – 297 kcal
- Fiber – 0.7 gm.
- Carbohydrate – 24.8 gm.
- Protein – 9.1 gm.
- Healthy fat – 13.2 gm.
- Vitamin A – 332.6 mcg.
- Vitamin C – 10.1 mg.
- Calcium – 446 mg.
- Iron – 1.2 mg.
- Folic acid – 11.2 mcg.
Know The Goodness Hidden Inside …
Date blended with cream cheese itself is a mouth-watering combo. But how does it contribute to our health? Check it out below :
1. This recipe is a true rescuer for people who find it tough to digest milk. The cream cheese used here works as a wonderful source of milk proteins.
2. As you can see, it is loaded with calcium. So, if you have bone or teeth issues related to calcium deficiency, consuming it can help you significantly.
3. The healthy fat content of this food helps in healthy weight gain. So, if you are underweight, it may be a decent diet choice for you.
4. It provides two very essential vitamins i.e. A and C, which helps us stay away from a number of health issues.
5. In a dessert form is a good source of energy.
6. It contains considerable amounts of iron and folic acid, which are two main nutrients required by pregnant women. Hence, it is a good food for pregnancy.
7. Being rich in all sorts of nutrients and light on our digestive system, this item is considered as a great choice for both toddlers and elders.
Sounds ‘delectable’? Please your taste buds with this small token of sweetness and improve your health day by day.
Stay healthy, stay beautiful! :-)
Copyrights© Beauty and the Best