Hello Beauties !
Discovering beauty products is a big part of my life, but rarely does something leave me as charmed and intrigued as this newly launched Gillette Venus. With so many different ways of getting rid of those unwanted hair on your body, we are bound to get baffled of what’s right and what will work for our skin type. Shaving is declared as the safest hair removal techniques!
It’s hard to believe but FOR some reason I tried shaving my legs just once in my lifetime. Blame it on some old myths OR maybe because I never found something that i thought was gentle enough for my skin. Comfort is a BIG deal for me …..I totally admire products that do what they claim but that doesn’t stop me from trying new product either.
So last week I took #SubscribeToSmooth 30 days Challenge by Gillette Venus ( specially for my readers). From now on I won’t be going for any waxing sessions neither I’ll be using any hair removal products. The only hair removal tool in my life now is Gillette Venus. In a series of posts, I’ll be talking about how my skin looks and feels using this new tool !
Before I start talking about my experience using the product I would like to share about the Gillette Venus Event that took place in Mumbai on On April 30th, 2015. Brand ambassador Kriti Sanon along with Dr. Rashmi Shetty and beauty expert Namrata Soni discussed tips and techniques of shaving and how it’s one of the most hassle free and painless methods of female hair removal.
During the panel discussion, renowned dermatologist Dr. Rashmi Shetty said, “I am pleased to be a part of this session, where I was given an opportunity to break the age old myths around shaving for women. Majority of women have apprehensions with regards to shaving. Many of whom I have interacted with believe that shaving will make their skin become darker or that their hair would grow faster and thicker which is why they refrain from it. However, I am confident that from platforms like these we will be able to bust such myths and impart knowledge about how shaving is one of the safest methods.”
My First Week of #SubscribeToSmooth Challenge :
Honestly before shaving my legs I was bit concerned about taking up this challenge but I wanted my readers to know if it works. My main concerns were – hair growing thicker, razor bumps, dry skin etc. Like I said I have light growth and that’s why I was bit skeptical taking up this challenge.
But after listening to what skin experts said I decided to go ahead and give this a try ! The first time I used Gillette Venus I just couldn’t help to notice the way it glided on my skin and the way it cleared all the growth was remarkable. I was totally awestruck by it, my initial reaction was ‘ Thank God ! finally no more waxing sessions’ and ‘why this didn’t get launched during my teens’ .
After rinsing with cold water, I realized that my skin felt much more smoother than before. In hurry I totally forgot to using shaving gel and was surprised that even without it the my skin was baby soft. I followed up with my normal body lotion. So for the first impression I’m pretty fascinated with the results. In the upcoming series of posts you’ll find out about my hair growth procedure !
How To Shave / Right Shaving Techniques :
- Right techniques and tools will ensure that your skin looks and feels beautiful post shaving. I recommend using Gillette Venus which not just removes hair gently but takes care of your delicate skin.
- For the supple limber skin ( underarm skin, skin behind keens ) try the stretch & shave method. Try to keep the skin taut whenever needed for a easier shave.
- Before shaving soak your skin in water not more than two minutes. shaving on dry skin is a BIG NO, similarly shaving on over-hydrated skin ( ie. skin soaked in water for a long time) isn’t a good idea.
- Use Modern razors like Gillette Venus are specially crafted to glide over the skin’s surface in a smooth way.
- After using the razor, store it in a dry place. Avoid leaving it in the shower or cleaning it with brush.
Our Special Tips .
1) Don’t go for any cheap brands or men razor for removing hair. Trusted brands like Gillette have designed razors specially for women’s delicate skin.
2) For smooth skin use Gillette Shaving Gel prior to shaving. If you are out of shaving gel you can use baby oil or coconut oil.
3) And PLEASE Avoid using hair removal creams.
Some Questions About Shaving :
1) Describe your experience using Venus in one line ?
Ans : In two words Gentle and Easy !
2) My Expectations from a razor ?
Ans : Painless ! Like I said before convenience is a big deal for me.
3) Advice for First Timers ?
Ans : Gillette Venus is a perfect product for girls who haven’t shaved before.
What I Liked About Gillette Venus ?
- Removes hair effective and completely no missed hair.
- Gently removes hair all thanks to the Protective cushions.
- Contains natural ingredients like Aloe and Vitamin E for soft clear skin.
My Final Verdict :
The first week of my challenge is completed and I can say that I never had such a comfortable hair removal experience before. In the upcoming posts you will see how my skin looks /feels , all the updates about my hair grow and much more.
Stay Tuned & Share with us your first time shaving experience
Image Courtesy : Gillette Venus
Copyrights© Beauty and the Best