Maybelline the Falsies Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara Review
I love those fluttery lashes Bollywood Divas sport in every events that they attend. Over the years, my every attempt of mastering the application of falsies failed miserably and finally I have given up on them – tired and disgusted.
Therefore, I decided to invest in good volumizing mascaras to give my eyelashes some extra boost when required. So, I chose the Maybelline the Falsies Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara as I heard some rave reviews about the product.
Let us see the product in detail.
PRICE – 500 INR for 7.5ml
MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE PRODUCT
The mascara comes in a vibrant and eye catching purple packaging which looks pretty cool in my stash of eye products. The wand is attached to the screw cap, pretty easy to use. The wand is something different than any other mascara I have used till date. It is slightly curvy and flexible near the end which enables a smooth and relaxed application of mascara especially when you have super shaky hands like mine. The brush isn’t very dense but it fairly manages to spread the lashes well for application. However, in case if you have mistakenly delivered too much product on the lashes I would advise to use a spare spoolie to take off the excess because it is not very forgiving and causes spidery lashes.
Coming to the texture of the mascara, it is similar to a whipped cream with a light consistency. The brush picks up quite an excess product for the texture therefore make sure you wipe off the extras before application. It dries off pretty soon without any fuss and there are less chances of being smudged or spoiling the eye makeup.
The mascara adds beauty to the lashes. It adds volume, boost and curls pretty well and truly gives you the ‘drama’ look. The lashes looks fairly long and dense after second layer of application. Being slightly thick, you needn’t a third coating as it may look very clumsy. It holds the curls very well for a long duration and enhances the eye makeup tenfold. It stays true to its name – falsies effect. However, going overboard with the mascara will be disastrous so stick to very light handed 2 coats. After drying it doesn’t cause any kind of irritation or heavy feeling to the lashes but my lashes do feel slightly dry when touched.
Coming to the formula, it is truly waterproof and smudge proof. I have washed my face with foaming face wash twice and still there was not a single budge of the mascara. Forget about makeup removers, even olive and almond oil takes forever to wipe off the mascara completely from the eyes. For a daily mascara, removal is slightly tough. The mascara stays on the eyes as long as you don’t remove it and therefore I love its commendable longevity.
For a drugstore mascara it excels in every way and if you yearn for a good voluminizing mascara, this is the best you can get with such a price tag.
- Packaging – catchy and vibrant, efficient for travelling.
- Applicator – perfect to add volume and curl.
- Texture – light whipped cream texture, feels light and dries easily.
- Effect – true to its name and adds a dramatic look to the eyes.
- Formula – totally smudge proof and waterproof.
- Staying power – remains as long as you don’t remove it.
WHAT I LIKED :-)
- Catchy, vibrant and light weight purple packaging.
- Very nice applicator wand for precise application.
- Adds enough volume, boost, curls and length to the lashes.
- Texture is of light whipped cream.
- Feels light on the eyes and causes no irritation.
- Dries off very easily.
- 2 coats are sufficient to get the dramatic look.
- Saying power is commendable.
- Totally smudge proof and waterproof.
- Reasonable price tag.
WHAT I DISLIKED :-(
- Lashes feels slightly dry.
- Removal is tough although it is available in wash proof version as well.
Copyrights© Beauty and the Best