COLORBAR DEFINER LIP LINER 006 CREAMY NUDE : Review, Swatches & LOTD
(Author ~ Sanchita )
Hello Bnbians !
I was in search of a good nude brown or peach lip liner for a long time. My all-time favorite NYX lip pencil was out of stock and I searched high and low for a good creamy lip liner for a long time. It was then my friend suggested me to try out the Colorbar lip definer range which seemed pretty promising to me and I decided to pick up a few shades from the range in my last Colorbar festive haul.
Every other nude lip liner I have tried either washed me out or was too deep to be an MLBB color. This shade, however, looked pretty & that’s why I thought to give it a try.
Let us go to the details of the product without much chitchat.
PRICE – 599 INR for 1.45 g
PACKAGING – it comes in a nice sharpenable long wooden pencil structure with a black cap that shuts tightly. The cap has the sharpener attached which is pretty comfortable to use while travelling as I hate to search for sharpener every time. The packaging I found is extremely travel friendly with the in-built sharpener. Although I would have preferred retractable pencil as sharpening causes a lot of product wastage as the liner is very soft and creamy.
SHADE – the shade is a perfect nude for Indian skin tone. Kudos to Colorbar for bringing out such a perfect nude for fair to wheatish skin tone with warm complexions. It has a faint undertone mix of brown and peach that prevents the whitish ghastly look for a nude color. The lip liner would go with a variety of soft brown, peach and MLBB color.
TEXTURE AND FINISH – the texture is extremely creamy for a lip liner. It glide smoothly without any tugging or pulling and even slightest bit of pressure causes the tip to break off. Therefore, you have to use a very light hand while application. The finish is strictly matte and slightly dry. It does accentuates the fine lines on my dry lips. Therefore, you cannot use the liner of dry parched lips and make sure it is exfoliated before and has lip balm underneath.
PIGMENTATION – the pigmentation is very good. With two layers it covers all the dark patches on my lips and gives a god coverage for lipsticks by hiding the imperfections. Sometimes, when I wear the liner as a lip color, I found the color pay off pretty well for a lip liner.
STAYING POWER – although I used the liner alone on the lips very rarely, it has the wear time of around 2-3hours and fades off leaving a natural nude-ish tint to the lips. When worn under various lipsticks, it increases the staying power of the lip color by 4-5hours easily and also survives heavy meals except for light fading on the inner parts of the lips. I am extremely satisfied with the staying power as it is very effective.
OVERALL – all in all, the lip liner is definitely a great lip primer and concealer as well as perfect MLBB liner for Indian skin tones. Although it is slightly on the higher range but worth every penny spent on it.
- PACKAGING ( 4.5/5 ) : simple wooden structure with an in-built sharpener. Effective travel friendly packaging.
- SHADE ( 5/5 ) : perfect beige MLBB liner with an undertone of brown and peach that is neither too dark nor too light.
- TEXTURE ( 3/5 ) : creamy soft texture and delicate tip. It has a matte dry finish on the lips. Accentuates fine lines.
- PIGMENTATION ( 5/5 ) : pigmentation is top notch and effectively lines and covers all the blemishes.
- STAYING POWER ( 4.5/5 ) : when worn alone it stays for 2-3hours other it is very good in increasing the wear time of lipsticks by 4-5hours.
WHAT I LIKED
- Effective travel friendly packaging.
- The shade is a perfect nude for Indian skin tone with a faint undertone mix of brown and peach that prevents the whitish ghastly look for a nude color.
- Creamy soft texture that glides like a dream.
- The pigmentation is very good with just single or double layer as per your need.
- It increases the staying power of the lip color by 4-5hours easily and also survives heavy meals.
WHAT I DISLIKED
- Dry lips might not like the dry mate finish that accentuates fine lines.
- May not suit all skin-types.
Final Verdict :
the dryness of the lip liner can be overlooked with nice scrubbing and lip balm beneath. Apart from this, this liner is a must have in every girl’s kitty as it is multipurpose and goes well with a variety of shades. It is a very impressive color and quality to stash in the kitty.
BnB Ratings : 7.2/10
Disclaimer: All products mentioned in this post were purchased. We are not being sponsored/compensated/paid to write this review and all opinions are absolutely honest by the team. However, each person is born with unique skin type and that’s why we request our readers to test each product before using on their precious skin.
Copyrights © Beauty and the Best