Two years back this pencil was all over social media, but it really piqued my interest when my I saw one of my blogger friend trying it. I have seen so many eyeliners in my elder sister’s vanity for over 10 years now, but honestly I’m never an eyeliner addict…that is because I’m the one-eyeliner-woman kind of a person and when my perfect eyeliner is with me I never go behind any hyped product. I’m very particular in my choices sometimes!
So what exactly happened when I tried this hyped Glide-On pencil by my favourite brand Urban Decay ???
Price: USA: $20
Shades: 34 shades
How to Use?
- Apply a series of dashes with the pencil starting from the inner corner.
- At the halfway point of the line, angle your pencil so you’re now drawing with the side of it.
- Connect the dashes.
I’m a huge fan of Urban Decay Eye Shadows, so when I found out about their Glide-On Eye Pencil a year ago I rigorously stalked beauty blogs to read reviews. Right now these are available online and offline at Sephora and Ulta. I got the shade Zero which is described as black shade although I find the other shade called Perversion as the perfect darkest bold matte black colour. The shade Zero is not a jet black shade and I was quite disappointed when the Ulta lady gave me this shade saying that this one is the darkest black. When I came back and searched online I found out that Perversion is what I was looking for.
Urban Decay Glide-On Eye Pencil has very soft and creamy texture which is what I prefer when it comes to pencil eyeliner. Imagine the horror of a pencil tugging and disturbing your delicate lash line. That is what I like about this pencil it glides on very smoothly. I’ve sensitive eyes and since it has been less than a year after my Lasik eye surgery I’m very picky what eye makeup I use. The Glide-On Pencil formula is creamy dreamy but not at all smudge-proof or waterproof like described on the website. There may be some techniques to increase its staying power but clearly, it won’t last over 5 hours if you have a busy working day. The interesting part of the formula is the key ingredients used- it has Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E and Cottonseed Oil which is why if won’t do any harm to your eyes even if it’s on your eyes all day long.
I had to buy Urban Decay sharper, otherwise, this pencil keeps breaking using any other brand sharper. The pigmentation of the shade Zero is not that impressive for a black eye-pencil in my opinion, but still, after three swipes, it looks beautiful. So for a bold jet black finish, I suggest Layer, Layer, Layer!
Overall, the formula is good for my eyes and perfect for a smokey eye makeup look but definitely this doesn’t have the best staying power. For those looking for a completely smudge-proof liner you’ll be disappointed. However, I still would love to try other colors specially for the texture and finish.
Expert Tricks To Make This Eyeliner Last Longer:
- Using a primer before applying this Eye-pencil will keep your eye makeup looking fresh all day.
- Oily lids are major cause of smudging, Use a lightweight setting powder on your eyelids before using eyeshadow or the eye-pencil.
- Applying multiple layers of eyeliner helps in this case, also you should trace over your liner with a coat of a similar colored eyeshadow to keep it in place.
- Last but definitely not the least, set your makeup with a good setting spray .
WHAT I LIKED
- Glides smoothly.
- Creamy texture.
- Perfect for smokey eye makeup look.
- Formula is good for sensitive eyes.
- Beautiful Matte Finish
- Reasonable price tag
WHAT I DISLIKED
- The shade Zero is not jet black.
- Formula is not smudge-proof or water-proof.
- Pigmentation could have been better.
- I wish it had better staying power.
BnB Rating: 6.1/10