Red lipstick is one of the most important colours and every girl must own a red lipstick that would make her stand out like a Diva. Finding the perfect red lipstick can be a real challenge but there are several reds out there which look stunning on various skin tones. I came across one of such amazing red lipstick very recently. This is the L’Oreal Paris Pure Reds Star Collection Pure Rouge by Frieda Pinto. I have worn this red lipstick for several bridal and others special occasions and, I have to say this is a stunning red lipstick in the Indian beauty market. If you want to know more about the lipstick in details, read the review given below.
PRICE: Rs. 1025 for 4.2 gm product.
Packaging – The lipstick comes in a beautiful packaging comma something which is very rare to find in a drugstore brand. The shades are named after the respective Ambassador of L’Oreal Paris and the shade I picked up is by Freida Pinto. The body of the lipstick is beautiful, black and glossy, with usual plastic casing and it requires the twist to open it. The shade name is written on the bottom of the lipstick and there is also a colour code to recognise the shade easily from outside, in case you own more than 2-3 lipsticks of the range. Therefore, the packaging is lightweight, easy to carry around and not at all flimsy.
Shade – The Shade Pure Rouge is a beautiful red colour with a correct balance of brightness and boldness in it. This shade has been often compared with Mac Ruby Woo. The red is neither blue-based completely warm but has a neutral undertone to it. The red colour is suitable for each and every skin tone and it would be apt to call it the perfect bridal red for Indian skin tones.
Pigmentation- Pigmentation is beautiful as the colour deposits as completely opaque from the very first swipe itself. The colour does not bleed much on the lips.
Texture – The texture of the lipstick is exactly like the L’Oreal Moist Matte range. The lipstick is extremely soft and glides on the lips like any other creamy lipstick. To get the perfect red pout look, it is advisable to prep and prime the lips remove all the dead cells from the lips. The colour also hydrates the lips when and therefore you will not feel the dryness for a longer duration. The Colour gives a soft Matte Finish and the transferring is extremely minimal.
Longevity – The lipstick stayed on my lips for around 7 hours and staying power depends a lot on the consumption of oily food. I only noticed a minimal fading of colour and you can easily that the colour for a quick touch up. The lipstick stays longer with the lip liner underneath and it can easily survive small bites and drinks.
Price – The price tag of L’Oreal Paris Pure Reds Pure Rouge is slightly higher than any other drug store brand. However, the quality of the lipstick is extremely good and therefore choosing a colour of your choice will not be a bad decision at all.
- Packaging – classy and travel friendly
- Shade – medium deep red with neutral undertones
- Pigmentation – rich colour pay off
- Texture – smooth and creamy
- Formula – hydrating uncomfortable
- Finish – moist Matte
- Longevity – 7 hours approximately
- Suitable for – warm, Brown and Olive skin tones.
- Best shades – pure brick and pure Garnet
- Colour family – red
WHAT I LIKED –
- Beautiful packaging, lightweight and travel friendly.
- L’Oreal Paris pure Rouge is a pretty intense red with neutral undertones.
- This is a perfect bridal red which would look stunning on each and every skin tone.
- The pigmentation is top notch.
- The texture is smooth creamy, exactly like hydrating creamy lipstick.
- It is extremely forgiving on dry lips.
- The finish is soft Matte.
- The staying power is around 7 hours, which is extremely good.
- The lipstick is often compared to Mac Ruby Woo.
WHAT I DISLIKED –
- The lipstick is expensive for a drugstore brand.
- Not a complete shine-free matte lipstick. (This will not be a con for everyone)
BnB RATING – 9/10
RECOMMENDATION – L’Oreal Paris Pure Reds Pure Rouge is a beautiful and intense trend with the neutral undertone which would look amazing on a lot of skin tones and would look stunning as a bridal or statement red colour. The colour instantly brightens up the face and surely one of the best and flattering reds I have worn so far. Must buy for red lipstick lovers.