Skin care advice to get Diwali glow instantly
( ~ Author Dr Shruti Patil )
Hey Everyone !!!
The festive season of India peaks in winter. Days before Diwali can be very hectic due to shopping and preparing dishes, etc. Skin care is a must during any festival. In such time, you may ignore taking care of yourself. Your skin is the first thing to get affected due to sweets and stress.You need to take extra care of your skin in cold months as the oil glands are located below the surface of skin. This may be relatively inactive as less moisture is produced in the cold seasons. This may have harsh effect on your skin and may leave it dry, red and itchy.
There are some quick remedies like homemade face packs to get smooth and glowing skin (For example – Tomato masks, Fruit masks works wonders for all skin types) . People who have normal skin can apply ripe papaya and add lemon juice or yogurt to the mixture for applying in their skin. Apart from this I’ll be sharing some quick tips and tricks that can help you to get glowing skin this Diwali.
Below you can find some expert skin care tips to help you look extra gorgeous and get that perfect glow instantly
- Avoid having fried food whenever possible. Another thing that you should avoid is sweets and chocolates in the festive season. This can make you gain weight and get dull appearance. However, if you cannot resist your temptation to have sweets, opt for low fat sweets.
- Smoke and pollution from crackers may cause irritation in your skin. So cover your face with cotton cloth while burning or watching crackers burst. After this, wash your face. In case, you get any burn injury, wash the affected area with cold water for about 20 minutes and take medical advice.
- Moisturize your skin regularly. Oil protects skin and it retains more moisture than any cream. A good body scrub and facial can exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin cells. Add a few drops of essential bath oil for nourishing your skin.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarette to prevent dehydration in the morning. Festival is all about more fun and food and it is not only about drinking and smoking.
- During any festival, you tend to get less sleep. If you have an inadequate sleep, you may get puffy eyes and dark circles. Have 6- 8 hours sleep to stay fresh.
- If you are applying any make-up, wash and clean your face before going for sleep.
- Use lightweight makeup base to look young and fresh.
- If you want to add some quick healthy glow mix liquid highlighter with your foundation in the ratio 1:4
- A face mist, rose water or thermal water spray can take away all your dullness instantly. So make sure you carry a travel friendly spray bottle with you.
- Having adequate water. Drink 8 – 10 glasses water to get a clear and glowing skin.
- Aerobic exercises at home can help you to burn out some calories.
- Remember a nutritious diet is essential for healthy skin
Don’t burst crackers to have skin problem free Diwali this year. Have happy and safe Diwali this year. :-)
Editor Shreya Says ” Wash your face twice everyday with gentle cleanser. The natural oils produced by our skin are very essential. Use cold water to cleanse your face after washing it, since warm water opens the pores resulting in blemishes and uneven complexion”
Each month we are selecting our biggest fan and gifting them some lovely new launches!!! So follow us & be active on our social media accounts and blog !
Enter CONTEST HERE
Copyrights © Beauty and the Best