Hair Growth Tips to Counter Hair Fall
Hey Cupcakes !
Remember the time when you panicked looking at the comb after detangling your hair? Well, let me tell you are not the only one. We all have gone through such phrase kept on wondering on how to stop the tedious hair fall. Also, the alarming decrease in volume of your hair or the hairstyles you could not do because you don’t have such amazing volume, are seriously depressing in every girl’s life. It is then we become desperate to do everything under the sun to stop the hair fall and concentration on growing back.
When you’re done worrying about the hair-fall, you start off with the hair growth issue. So to make things easy for you, we have elaborated on both matters – hair fall and hair growth.
Scroll down for more on hair fall treatment
HAIR FALL CAUSES
Hair-fall can cause due to various reasons. Sometimes it is within our control to mend things and sometimes it’s not. The reasons like illness, stress in daily life, hormonal change, post pregnancy and other things involved causing hair fall is really not within our control and for that we have to concentrate on hair growth issues, which has been enumerated later. The reasons which we should be cautioned about for the hair fall are computed below –
- Excessive use of chemicals through hair coloring and hair styling treatments – We love styling our hair, don’t we? The continuous usage of heat styling products, chemicals used for coloring and bleaching and styling the hair causes the buildup over the time. Some chemicals doesn’t suit certain scalps as well hair and thereby causing the hair fall.
- Dandruff, alopecia and other scalp disorders – Dandruff is another big issue which includes various cause, remedies etc. but that is one whole topic all together. Therefore, make sure you treat the dandruff before it starts damaging the hair causing hairfall. Same goes for other fungal infections on scalp which requires to be treated by dermatologist.
- Not taking proper care – Combing wet hair, no combing at all, roughly drying hair with towel, regular shampooing and the list is endless. Hair needs to be taken care of otherwise you will surely see the disastrous results like hair fall.
- Improper and unhealthy dietary habits – Our food habits directly reflect on our skin and hair. Junk foods, fried ones, alcohol and other habits surely responsible for the hair fall especially during your 20s. Therefore, regular food habit and healthy foods needs to be included in the diet chart along with proper nutrients.
- Dirt, Grime and Pollution – To some extent the dirt and pollution is beyond our control but we surely can take proper measures to protect the hair from it. For e.g. wrapping up the hair or simple bun protects the hair to a certain extent and prevent the accumulation of dirt easily.
HAIR FALL REMEDIES – DIY
Coconut Oil – This is by far the best thing to prevent hair fall. Coconut Oil is enriched with various nutrients and vitamins and is a natural conditioner for hair. Nothing, I repeat nothing can cure that dryness and scalp issues like coconut oil. Hot oil massaging is the answer to every solution. You can also make a concoction of other oils like castor oil, almond oil or olive oil for better results.
Egg White – A hair mask made of curd, egg white and honey is a perfect choice for hair fall issues. All these three ingredients are extremely beneficial to the health of the hair that helps in reducing the hair fall you providing strength. In a clean bowl, add 1 egg white (if you have long hair add 2-3 egg whites as per the length of the hair), 1 cup of curd and 2-3tbsp. of honey and mix it thoroughly. With the help of a flat brush, divide the hair into various section and apply even so that the entire scalp is covered. You can also apply to the length of the hair for conditioning. Keep it for an hour or so and wash off with a mild shampoo.
Aloe Vera – there is nothing like raw aloe vera gel. The Egyptians used to apply aloe vera for healing purposes and is known to cure a number of ailments. Scoop out raw aloe vera gel from freshly plucked plant and mix in a blender to form a gel-paste. You can also add olive oil for better result. Apply this to the hair from roots to tips and keep it for 2-3hours. Do this for once a week and you would see the difference in a month.
Hair Spa – Sometimes in our busy lives, it is impossible to take care of the hair with various DIYs. Visit any herbal hair spa nearby once or twice a month for hair fall treatment. Hair spas has various Ayurvedic oils infused with herbs that are known to have excellent effects on the hair. It not only reduces the hair fall but the increased blood circulation due to the massaging. Indulging yourself in these treatments will give you a healthy and bouncy hair and also the rate of hair fall decreases.
Extreme baldness can be cured through various chemical and surgical treatments that has developed with the advancement of science. However, there are various age old methods that we can incorporate in our daily life for the enhancement of hair growth after going through a condition of hair fall. There are simple DIYs which would help you in hair growth has been enumerated below.
Hot Oil Massage – This step in pretty simple and common. All you have to do is make a concoction of oils like castor oil, coconut oil and almond/olive oil in equal quantities and heat it in a double boiler. Do not put the oil directly over the heat unless you want to fry the hair. Once warm, dip your fingers to see if the temperature is tolerable and then with the help of the finger massage the oil onto the scalp and distribute it even from root to tips. Massaging is the key as it will increase the blood circulation that will stimulate the hair growth. It is an age old therapy; although it takes time but eventually it enriches the texture of the hair.
Fenugreek (Methi) – Fenugreek is another ingredients which is known to stimulate hair growth. Conveniently fenugreek can be used in various ways. For the hair mask, crush the methi seeds in a blender in the form of powder and mix 2tbsp. of that in curd and apply on the hair. You can add fenugreek seeds in warm coconut or olive oil and let it soak for about 24hrs. Apply the oil on the hair next day before washing. Fenugreek seeds comprise hormone antecedents that augment hair growth and help reconstruct hair follicles. They also contain proteins and nicotinic acid that stimulate hair growth.
Onion Juice – nothing works like onion juice for hair growth. It consists of high sulfur content, which helps improve blood circulation to the hair follicles, restore hair follicles and reduce inflammation in due course of time. It also consists of antibacterial properties that helps to kill germs and parasites, and treat scalp infections that can causes hair loss. Blend a medium sized onion and strain the juice. Apply the juice on the scalp evenly and let it get dry. Wash off with mild shampoo.
Indian Gooseberry (Amla) – Amla is rich in vitamin C, of which a deficiency in the body can cause hair loss. It is also enriched in anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, and the exfoliating properties that helps in the growth of hair. Amla juice can be directly applied to the scalp and washed off after 1-2hours once it dries up. Rinse with a mild shampoo afterwards.
Hibiscus – Both the leaves and red hibiscus flowers are enriched with amino acids, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and alpha Hydroxy acids along with other nutrients that helps in the hair regrowth. Hibiscus can be used in the form of powder which is available in the market. However, the best way is to form a paste and apply. For that, you need 10-12 flowers with 5-6leaves and make a paste of these with the help of coconut oil or olive oil in mortar-pestle. Once it has a semi-runny consistency, apply it on the scalp and massage to distribute it evenly. Keep it for an hour and wash off thoroughly with mild shampoo.
NUTRIENTS FOR HAIR GROWTH
Biotin, Antioxidants like Green Tea, Tulsi Tea, Spinach and Lettuce juice, Beetroot juice, Iron, Vitamin C.Omega-3, Vitamin A, Zinc and selenium helps in the hair growth. It improves the health of the hair and makes it thick and strong over the course of time. It is true that various DIYs will help the hair from outside but if the hair is strengthened from increases, less chances that it will cause hair fall and baldness in the long run.
TIPS TO REMEMBER
- Do not tie the hair too tight or keep it tied up all the time. Let the hair breathe otherwise the sweat will cause hair fall.
- Use minimum hair sprays and make sure to wash off as fast as possible. The build up from these chemicals damage the root of the hair in the long run.
- Do not shampoo very often (like every day or every 2nd or 3rd day). However, if the hair is dirty, definitely wash it off do not delay for like 6-7days to wash it.
- Always de tangle with a serum and wide tooth comb. Be gentle and also dry the dry with cotton cloth rather than a towel. Cotton with soak the water easily and you won’t require a dryer as well.
Follow these tips on controlling the hair fall and also for the stimulation of hair growth with simple home remedies.