I have been crazy about highlighters and I love the way it gives a Dewy, fresh as well as a Brightened wet look to the skin. The Maybelline master Chrome metallic highlighter is one of the best drugstore highlighters that has been everyone’s favourite ever since it was launched. My excitement was peaked when I saw this one launched in the Indian market and I wasted no time in picking it up. This is a powder highlighter which can be worn alone or on top of creamy or liquid highlighter. Either way, the highlighted looks like a bomb. Read the full review of the product below.
PRICE – $9.99/Rs. 550 for 6.7g
Packaging – The packaging of Master Chrome highlighter from Maybelline is pretty simple for a drugstore brand. It comes in a round pan with a transparent plastic lid that shuts with the click. The base of the round pan is black, glossy and quite sturdy as a frame. The name of the brand and product is written on top while the other details like price, ingredients are written on the base of the product. The product is extremely lightweight but it would be a disaster if you drop it accidentally. There is a high chance that it will shatter the product, therefore, you have to be very careful while handling it. However, as a whole, the product has a decent packaging. The only thing missing is a mirror.
Shade – The Shade 100 Molten Gold is a beautiful warm champagne Golden shade with finely milled shimmers. However, the shimmers are not very loud and gritty and it gives a good boost of glow onto the skin along the Diva wet look we see on the runway models. The geometric lines on the highlighter look pretty amazing as well. The shade would suit most of the skin tones in my opinion but the warm, medium, as well as brown skin tones, would rock this highlighter like no other.
Application – The highlighter is meant to be applied on the high points of the face, for example, the cheekbones, the bridge of the nose, the forehead, brow bone, inner portion of the eyes and Cupid’s bow. I use this highlighter for normal illuminator as well as for eyeshadow. The highlighter can be worn lightly for a subtle effect or heavily for a strobe effect. The highlighter builds well on the skin and sits all day long. The highlighter can be applied with a brush as well as a beauty sponge.
Texture – The texture of the highlighter is amazing. It is a creamy powdery to touch and the highlighter glides on the skin as smoothly as possible and does not have any chalky or dry powdery effect on the skin. The texture of the product is suitable for oily as well as dry skin types and it does not highlight the dry patches or makes the pores look enlarged. As the shimmers are finely milled, it gives a beautiful illuminating effect on the skin. Therefore, the highlighter makes you look flawless. The micro shimmers which are finely milled reflect like a dream under the sunlight and gives high metallic Chrome which would totally blind you.
Staying power – The staying power of the highlighted is also good as well. It lasted on my skin for about 6 to 7 hours even though it is extremely hot and humid. I simply applied the highlighter on top of a BB cream and it lasted me quite a long time. I believe the staying power could be enhanced with a setting spray. This could be an amazing highlight of all the brides out there. Price wise, it is extremely affordable and surely one of the best drugstore highlighters I have come across in recent times.
Dupe – There are various dupes of Maybelline Molten Gold Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter. First is the MAC Oh Darling while second is the Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator in the shade Gilded Honey.
- Packaging – Round pan, transparent lid and lightweight.
- Shade – A warm champagne gold with finely milled shimmer.
- Application – it can be easily applied with a brush as well as a wet beauty sponge
- Texture – it feels creamy smooth, soft and silky
- Blending – the highlighter blends beautifully on the skin
- Formula – smooth and does not highlight the pores
- Finish – true chrome metal bold look.
- Staying power – around 6 hours approximately
- Best suitable for – warm and Olive skin tones
- Price – affordable
WHAT I LIKED –
- Nice, lightweight and travel-friendly packaging.
- Molten gold is a beautiful warm champagne gold shade.
- The colour is extremely suitable for Indian skin tones.
- The shade is very well pigmented and deposits are which layer on the skin.
- The texture is super soft and blends smoothly on the skin.
- It does not feel dry, gritty or clings to the dry skin cells around the face.
- It does not accentuate the pores on the skin.
- The highlighter can be applied with a brush as well as a beauty sponge.
- It has the ability to give subtle as well as a fully illuminated and highlighted look.
- It truly gives you a Chrome light reflecting the effect on the skin.
- It is extremely long lasting.
- This can be a great highlighter for bridal and other occasions.
- It is extremely affordable.
WHAT I DISLIKE –
- A small mirror would have been nice.
- Maybelline should launch the other shades in India as well.
BnB RATING – 9/10
RECOMMENDATION – The Maybelline highlighter in molten gold gives you a true chrome effect and is one of the best quality versatile highlighters in the market. The shade is beautiful for warm and olives Indian skin tones and therefore it is highly recommended.