When building your skincare routine, choosing the right order of your regimen is as important as choosing the right products for your skin. One issue that commonly confuses many skincare users is the difference between morning and nighttime routines. Which skincare kits will you use after you wake up and before you sleep? Which routine is more effective?
Keep in mind that your skin has different needs in the morning and night. Your daytime skincare routine is about shielding your skin from UV rays, dirt, and pollution while your nighttime skincare routine is about pampering your skin after a long day.
Read on to learn more about morning and nighttime skincare routines!
Morning Routine and Skincare Kits
As you wake up in the morning to get ready for the day, your skin is just getting ready too. At this time, you also have less time to take care of your skin, and you still have the remaining skincare you put on the night before. So it’s best to kick off your day with a simple and short morning skincare routine.
Before wearing cosmetic make-up and facing pollutants and UV rays, your skin needs to be protected and hydrated. Use products that are gentle and non-toxic, but can guarantee you the best defense.
Do the following steps to gear up your skin for a day well spent:
- Gently rinse your face with water and a mild skincare cleanser. Leftover impurities from your pillow or the day before can clog up pores, which can then result in blackheads, oily skin, and breakouts.
- Dab a toner. With toner, you can eliminate the last traces of dirt while priming your skin to absorb active skincare nutrients.
- Moisturize. Using facial creams or lotions prepares your skin for makeup and cosmetic products.
- Apply SPF sunscreen. This is the most important part of your routine. It guards your skin cells against harmful UV rays and prevents sunburn and tanning.
Night Routine and Skincare Kit
At night, our skin cells rejuvenate and refresh while we’re sleeping, that’s why it’s the most crucial time for skincare routines. The products for this skincare kit are mainly about providing nutrients to restore your skin after a long day.
Make sure that your face is cleansed, hydrated, and nourished before you hit the hay so that you wake up the next morning with healthy and beautiful skin. Go full-on with your night skincare routine and enjoy the relaxing benefits of self-care.
Here’s the perfect order of steps for using your night-specific skincare kit:
- Remove makeup. #1 rule of night skincare is never, ever go to sleep with your makeup on. Use a makeup remover and wash with a skincare cleanser.
- Exfoliate thrice a week. Exfoliators unclog your pores and remove the dirt and impurities that build up on your face over the day.
- Moisturize. Seal the hydration and moisture in your face by using night creams or lotion.
- Apply serum. The active ingredients in the serum deliver nutrients and hydration to your skin, ensuring the next-day glow and firmness.